- my wealth may collect, hold, use and disclose (‘process’) information about individuals which may constitute personal data (including sensitive personal data) under the EU Data Protection Directive and implementing laws, and the laws of other European, Middle East and African (EMEA) countries.
- The personal data may be processed for purposes including:
- Administering relationships and related services.
- Operational purposes, credit assessment, and statistical analysis (including behaviour analysis).
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research.
- Providing individuals with information concerning products and services which we believe will be of interest.
- Compliance with any requirement of law, regulation, associations, voluntary codes we decide to adopt, or good practice, anywhere in the world.
- Confirming and verifying an individual’s identity (this may involve the use of a credit reference agency or other third parties acting as our agents) and to conduct due diligence. We may also screen against publicly available government and/or law enforcement agency sanctions lists.
- The detection, investigation and prevention of fraud and other crimes or malpractice.
- For the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), for obtaining legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.
- The personal data may be disclosed:
- To any organisation in our group of companies, their agents, auditors, service providers, regulators, governmental or law enforcement agencies or any person we reasonably think necessary for the processing purposes outlined above.
- To actual or potential purchasers of parts of our business, and their respective advisers and insurers, and in relation to the transfer of our contractual rights and/or obligations.
- If we or any person to whom we disclose personal data otherwise have a right or duty to disclose the personal data, or are allowed or compelled by law to do so. For example, financial institutions and payments and messaging service providers may from time to time be required, under subpoena or otherwise, to provide certain transaction information to authorities or other official bodies, whether located in the European Union or overseas, to assist in the prevention of terrorism, money laundering and other crimes.
- Personal data may be processed and disclosed as described above in any country in which we conduct business or have a service provider. This may include some countries that do not provide the same statutory protection for Personal Data as the EU Data Protection Directive and implementing legislation or the laws of other EMEA Countries, where they may apply.
- We may contact individuals by mail, email, SMS, telephone and other electronic means to provide information on products and services that we believe will be of interest, unless an individual objects to receiving such information. Anyone who does not wish to receive such communications from us should contact their Adviser or WEALTH at work directly.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may record and monitor electronic communications (including email and telephone) to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies and for the purposes outlined above.
- Individuals about whom we process personal data may request a copy of the personal data we hold in relation to them. We may, where allowed by law, charge a fee for this. If any personal data is found to be wrong, the individual concerned has the right to ask us to amend, update or delete it, as appropriate. In some circumstances individuals also have a right to object to the processing of their personal data.
- All transactions relating to the products we provide are covered by the Money Laundering Regulations 2007. We are responsible for compliance with these rules, including, but not limited to, verifying the identity and address of any investors.
- The verification of your identity and/or address may include the use of a credit reference agency who will record that an enquiry has been made (this should not affect your credit rating) or a request for further information from you.
- We reserve the right to delay processing your instruction(s) and/or withhold any payments due to you in respect of your investment, until satisfactory evidence is received. Any cash we might already hold will be held in a client money account. We will not be held responsible for any losses caused by any delay in implementing an accepted application whilst establishing your identity.
Our website has technology that collects information about its use, to distinguish between users, to help us provide you with a good experience and to allow us to improve the site and the services we offer. This means that when you visit our website, cookies or similar technologies will be placed on your computer or other device.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files stored on your computer that track how you navigate around a website and are used to gather statistical information, support analysis and to aid in the development of the website to further enhance your experience. This information includes:
- The most popularly viewed pages
- When the website is most frequently used
- How easily/quickly content is found/accessed
Cookies allow us to recognise users (where appropriate), tailor the content on our website to fit the needs of our website’s visitors and help us improve the user experience. Without certain types of cookies enabled, we can’t guarantee that the website and your experience of it are as we intended it to be.
This includes where available, your operating system and browser type and, depending on the cookie, also includes the reporting of statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
Third party websites
How you can control and delete cookies
If you would like to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to your web browser settings. Our cookies will be those named as www.wealthatwork.co.uk and can be safely deleted.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
No personal information is stored in our cookies. Please note, by disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
More information about cookies
If you would like more information on deleting or controlling cookies, please visit: